Today, March 13th, marks the four-year anniversary of Random Acts of Writing!
We started with a post about a loud and strong calling to write — Gotta! — and never looked back.
Today, there are more than 500 people following this blog! It’s been featured on Freshly Pressed, was selected as a Star Blog by the Story Circle Network, and has won several reader awards—most recently a Versatile Blogger and Lighthouse Award.
That’s a lot of kool stuff to celebrate! (wink) But do you know I’m most excited about, here four years in?
Your regular visits to Random Acts of Writing. Your comments and words of wisdom. Your blogs and the things you choose to share with me in return. Your friendship.
I’m thrilled to be part of this community, and I thank you all very much for walking with me on this journey.
I’m happy to announce that Random Acts of Writing has been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award.
Nominations for the award consider the quality of writing, the uniqueness of subjects covered, and the level of love displayed in the words and photos.
I was nominated by Jadi Campbell — wow! — who found me on the world wide web about a year ago. She lives in Germany, but in one of those small world coincidences, lived here in Branford back in the early 70s. She’s a wonderful writer, has written a book entitled Broken In: A Novel in Stories, and writes regularly on her blog, jadicampbell.wordpress.com. Do go check it out!
Thank you, Jadi!
As part of your acceptance speech for this award, you’d asked to tell folks about 15 Blogs you follow regularly, thereby nominating them as Versatile Bloggers as well. These are some of my mainstay and favorite reads, please go check them out!
• The Pollyanna Plan (http://thepollyannaplan.wordpress.com/)
• Windmill (http://becswindmill.wordpress.com/)
• Spirituality without Borders (http://spiritualitywithoutborders.wordpress.com/)
• Promenade Plantings (http://promenadeplantings.com/)
• C.B. Wentworth (http://cbwentworth.wordpress.com/)
• Life is Full of Sweet Spots (http://lifeisfullofsweetspots.wordpress.com/)
• Touch 2 Touch (http://touch2touch.wordpress.com/)
• Writing on the Rim (http://writingontherim.wordpress.com/)
• Crowing Crone (http://crowingcrone.com/)
• Seasons Flow (http://seasonsflow.wordpress.com/)
• A View from the Woods (http://berkshireviews.wordpress.com/)
• Smile Kiddo (http://smilekiddo.wordpress.com/)
• Party and Soul (http://partyandsoul.wordpress.com/)
• Duck? Starfish? But…23 (https://duckstarfish23.wordpress.com/)
• The Flexi Foodie (http://theflexifoodie.wordpress.com/)
And a final “share,” you’re asked to tell 7 Things about yourself. So here goes.
1. I am a Trekkie.
2. I’m writing a book, with plans to publish in 2014.
3. I regularly wake up before 5 a.m.
4. I talk to animals.
5. I once drove an 18-wheeler.
6. I can recite Lewis Carroll’s Jabberwocky by heart.
7. If my whiskey sour arrives without a cherry, I send it back.
Thanks Jadi – that was fun! And a nice break from the routine!
Have a great day everyone!